Treasures of Slovenian Istria
Intensely fruity aromas, where ripe red fruits and blackberries, blueberries and cherries predominate. The wine goes well with desserts made from red and black forest fruits and berries.
- Variety: Refosco
- Colour: Brilliant, with an intense dark ruby colour and purple edge
- Aroma: Intense aromas of blackberry, bilberry and sour cherry dominate this fruity red.
- Taste: Sweet, full-bodied and rich. The variety of ripe fruits on the nose follows through on the palate. The great acidity and fine tannins keep it from being overly sweet and deliver a lingering and rich finish.
- Food and wine pairing recommendation: Pairs well with red and black forest fruit and berry desserts. It makes also a great sweet sauce for ice cream and panna cotta. A perfect substitute for dessert.
- Opportunities: Lunch with friends
- Serving temperature: 12–15 °C