Sladki Refošk Koper is a beautiful and elegant wine with a medium-long aftertaste, in taste the wine offers a harmony between the juicy fruit character and the remaining sugar.
Sladki Refošk Koper
- Wine-growing area: Slovenian Istria
- Vineyards: Baredi, Sečovlje, Prade
- Soil type: flysch, marl, sandy marl soil
- Variety: Refošk
- Harvesting: Hand and machine harvesting in September
- Fermentation and ripening: Maceration and fermentation of the must, together with the berry skins, are
took place under controlled conditions, at a temperature between 20 and 23 °C. In this way, we wanted to preserve as much varietal character as possible.
- Color: Intense dark ruby color, with shades of purple.
- Aroma: Varietal aroma dominated by the smell of ripe berries, chocolate and cherry.
- Taste: In the taste, the wine offers harmony between a juicy fruity character and
the rest of the sugar. Fruity perceptions are repeated, which are offered to us already in the smell.
- Serving temperature: 10 to 12°C.
- Wine and food: Wine can replace dessert, but it can be enjoyed in the company of various sweet treats,
such as chocolate cake with forest fruits, cherries or strawberries.