Cabernet sauvignon is a red grape variety with a deep intense ruby color. The wine is very rich and full of flavor, concluding with a beautiful, long aftertaste.
- Wine region: Slovenian Istria
- Vineyards: Debeli rtič
- Soil type: Eocene flysch with marl and sandstone
- Variety: Cabernet sauvignon
- Harvest: Exclusively manual harvest in the first half of October.
- Conditions at harvest time: The weather was dry at harvest time with temperatures around 20 ° C. The vintage was quite dry, which resulted in a concentration in the grape berries and a nice phenolic ripeness of the grape seeds and strawberry skin.
- Processing: Excellently ripened grapes experienced a longer maceration after stalking, which lasted 16 days. After biological deacidification, the wine was matured exclusively in 225 L barrique barrels for 2 years. Until bottling, the wine was refined in large oak barrels.
- Color: Deep intense ruby color with garnet hue.
- Aroma: In the aroma of this wine we find ripe cherries, plum jam, green pepper, dark chocolate, undergrowth, and in the end we can enjoy the sophisticated notes of wood.
- Taste: The wine is very rich and full of flavor, in which we can find notes of cherries in brandy, dark chocolate and tobacco. It ends with a beautiful, long aftertaste in which we are pampered by velvety tannins.
- Wine analysis: Alcohol: 14.0 vol. %
- Sugar: 2.8 g / l
- Acid: 6.1 g / l
- pH: 3.49
- Maturation potential: 2025 and more
- Last tasting: March 2021