Malvasia is a white variety of wine, which is typical of the wine-growing region of Primorje. The wine is dry, golden yellow in color with a characteristic rather intense and floral and full aroma.
- Wine region: Slovenian Istria
- Vineyards: Debeli rtič
- Soil type: Eocene flysch with marl and sandstone
- Variety: Malvasia
- Harvest: Exclusively manual harvest in the first half of September
- Situation at harvest time: The year 2016 was marked by a dry summer with the presence of drought. During the harvest it was sunny and hot with temperatures up to 27 ° C.
- Processing: Excellent ripe and healthy grapes were cold macerated for some time after stalking and fermented in 225 L barrique barrels after pressing and clarifying. The selected wood for barrique barrels is mainly oak of various origins and part of acacia wood. Here, the wine matured for 12 months, and further maturation took place in old 3,000 L oak barrels until bottling.
- Color: Intense golden-yellow color.
- Aroma: Accentuated aroma of ripe yellow plum, carambola and almond with notes of Mediterranean herbs, resin, acacia flowers, honey and a hint of vanilla.
- Taste: Extremely full, rich taste, which blends into a nice harmony with pleasant ripe acids. Extraordinary minerality and a long, slightly spicy and creamy aftertaste confirm the nobility of this wine.
- Wine analysis: Alcohol: 14.0 vol. %
- Sugar: 2.8 g / l
- Acid: 5.7 g / l
- pH: 3.33
- Maturation potential: 2023
- Last tasting: April 2021