Koper Refošk is a beautiful elegant wine with a medium-long aftertaste, in which cherries and pleasant tannins are beautifully expressed. The wine has a full, soft taste, which is pleasantly playful with fruit, but not aggressive acids.
- Variety: Refosco
- Soil type: Eocene flysch from layers of marl and sandstone
- Location: Šantoma, Purissima, Labor
- Winemaking: Maceration of grapes lasts 6–8 days. Following the fermentation and biological deacidification, the wine matures partially in large wood barrels and partially in stainless steel vats where it preserves its fruity character and freshness.
- Colour: Intensive ruby red colour with purple shades.
- Aroma: Reminiscent of blackberry, blueberry, and ripe sour cherry and beautifully intertwined with the gentle, ripe aroma of wood.
- Taste: The wine is full and soft, which makes it pleasantly playful with fruity but non-aggressive acids. A beautiful and elegant wine with a medium long finish in which sour cherries and pleasant tannins are beautifully expressed.
- Food and wine pairing recommendation: Refosco is a wine which is very welcome on tables with cold cured meat products, red meat, slaughter meat and grilled dishes, and due to its pleasant acids, also goes nicely with a pizza.
- Serving temperature: 15–18 °C